|On roadtrip in OR, Aug 2014, photo taken by Terri Shadle|
Tomorrow is always a new day to make a fresh start.
So here is what I'm going to do.
1. Physically. When I say I let myself go, I mean I've gained 15lbs I really don't want. I was doing a great boot camp for a few weeks right during the holidays. It sort of helped, but I let bad food and really enjoying alcoholic beverages derail me. So I plan to:
- Go beyond running and soccer: get back into the gym (at work) for weights and add back my early morning video routines (Brazilian bum bum here I come!)
- Get more sleep! The only way I'm waking up is if I can actually fall asleep
- Cut the crap: eating out is a big deal for me. Less sugar, sodium and processed foods, and more getting creative with my lunches
- Re-evaluate what I do. I keep thinking I'd do better as a PM, but I don't know what that entails. Actually research it.
- Take courses. When I get depressed, I read crappy romance novels. I should put time into something that will challenge me, not piss me off.
- Write more. This blog is an outlet and I thoroughly enjoy writing. I should create more and get myself back on track
- Stop making excuses. For myself. For others. Take accountability for what I'm doing and don't let it rule my life.
- Listen to my gut. Once I get all the smart foods in it, she should lead me back on track.
- Get control of what I'm spending. Stop eating out. Stop buying things I don't need. Stop pretending I have the money to play when I don't. Sounds easy, but I can be weak. No excuses!
- Get back on track with the hubs. We've both been bad and non-communicative here and we both need to set boundaries and regroup.